Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital was established in 1990 by Dr. S. Natarajan at Dadar and shifted to Wadala in 2004 in a 4-storey hospital "A center for Total Eye Care under one roof" is the Biggest Eye Hospital in Mumbai.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Eyecare Instructions for people using computers and computer professionals
Spending long hours in front of television or computers is part of peoples life today. Especially if you are a computer professional, there is usually no escape from it. This causes many eyes and vision related problems in future. Here are some useful eye care tips for computer users.
• After every 20 to 30 minutes of work, look at a distant away object and blink several times. This will help in better focusing
• Blink frequently. People tend to reduce blink rate while working on computer. This can lead to dry eyes. Try to blink 12 to 15 times every minute.
• Do Eye Exercises at frequent intervals. Eye exercise is simple. All you need to do is just blink several times, then close your eyes and role them in clockwise and anti clockwise direction. While doing this, inhale and exhale slowly and open your eyes slowly after doing this.
• Rub your palms against each other till them become warm. Cover your eyes with your warm palms for about a minute. Palming is another great way to relax and soothe your eyes.
• Splashing water on your face during breaks can keep you refreshed. This also helps in cooling your eyes.
• A few minutes of walk during breaks will refresh your body and mind. It is also good for your eyes as walking increases blood supply to your eyes.
• Fix an anti glare screen on to your monitor or use anti glare glass while working on computers. Also position the monitor and lights in such a manner that glare from the screen is minimum.