Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital was established in 1990 by Dr. S. Natarajan at Dadar and shifted to Wadala in 2004 in a 4-storey hospital "A center for Total Eye Care under one roof" is the Biggest Eye Hospital in Mumbai.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Eye Care: Tips for Computer Users
Computer users experience eyestrain, headaches, blurred vision & other visual symptoms related to sustained use of the computer.
Tips to avoid eye problem:
• The computer screen should be slightly below the eye level (about 20 degrees).
• Locate keyboard so your wrists & lower arms are parallel to the floor.
• Chairs should provide proper back support & be adjustable
• Adjust the chair height so your feet are flat on the floor with thighs parallel to the floor
• Adjust the work table so legs & knees clear it's underside
• The screen brightness and contrast should be adjusted by the operator for the maximum viewing comfort
• The workstation lighting should provide a 10:3 ratio - screen characters 10 times brighter than the screen background; room illumination 3 times brighter than screen background
• Each workstation should have an adjustable shaded copy lamp that can be aimed by the operator without causing screen reflections
• Eliminate glare & screen reflections by moving or tilting the computer or getting an anti-glare screen
• Try not to face toward windows or bright light sources
• Operators should face into an open space beyond the computer screen
• Clean the screen regularly as they attract dust
• Use anti-reflecting glasses if you use the computer.
• Eat healthy with plenty of fruits and vegetables.