Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Observer From Turkey finds visit to AJEH most educative, fulfilling and spiritual


Early in the morning on the 4th of June as soon as I entered to the Aditya Jyot hospital I noticed the hand-made big World Map with the flags on it on the front wall. I asked the significance of these flags, and the secretary told me that the patients coming to this hospital all around the world leave their flags on the map after they got recovered. I thought that it was very delicate attitude to welcome people to the Aditya Jyot hospital. My main purpose to visit the hospital was to observe the Ozurdex Implant. Dr. Natarajan with all his colleagues and fellows organized for me a very educative and detailed programme, so I had chance to observe the vitreoretinal surgeries and to examine the patients with uveitis and retinal diseases. I had full course of Ozurdex Implant to the cadavre human eyes. I had also great experience from Dr. Natarajan related to the philosophy of patient-doctor relationship and self improvement. The last thing I want to mention is the “push” sign on the entrance of the operating room door, but if you look carefully below the “push” sign you see the words “your limits”. I think it is great way to encourage the people to reach their ambitions.

- Dr. Ozlem Sahin
Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment